How to receive Medicaid  Waiver services if you need them: 

  • Respite:*

Services that provide supportive care and supervision to an individual when the primary caregiver is unavailable to perform these duties due to conflicts such as work schedule, planned or emergency absence, or when the caregiver is available but unable to care for or supervise the individual.  Although this service may occasionally be provided in the community for some reason, it is normally provided in the recipient's home. 

AHCA Registration # 233214
* Please note that participation in the Developmental Disabilities Waiver program allows for these services to be provided ONLY to clients being served under the waiver.

Services to The Developmentally Disabled

KDS is Florida state licenced to provide the following services under the FSL and DD Waivers for the Developmentally Disabled.

If you live in Florida and have a developmental disability which presented itself before you were age 19 (for instance; Autism, Cerebral Palsy, Down Syndrome, Prader-Willi Syndrome, Spina Bifida, etc.,) and need services to assist you with daily living, employment, day training, respite, or residential and community-based services, please contact the Agency for Persons with Disabilities in the Chappy James Building, located in downtown Pensacola, or call (850) 595-8351 and ask to apply for Medicaid Waiver services.  There is currently a waiting list but emergency aid may be available.  Other state funded services are available for Medicaid eligible persons with disabilities. Go to or see the "Links" page for additional websites, support groups and information on related topics.

  • Life Skills Development 1 (Companion):*

Services consist of non-medical care, supervision and socialization activities provided to adults (recipients of age 21 and older). 

  • Personal Supports:*

Services that assist an individual and their caregiver with needed personal care & activities of daily living.  For adults living in a family home or their own home, this assistance is provided to the individual.  For children living in the family home, this assistance is provided to the parent or primary caregiver to assist them in meeting the child’s daily needs.  When appropriate, training methods are incorporated to develop self care.